Large male lion relaxing in the golden sun of Tanzania Africa.
Lioness on a tree in Tanzania Africa on an M&M Photo Tour.
M&M BIG CAT SAFARI Multiple Dates Contact Us For Details
M&M offers an exclusive
BIG CAT only photo safari opportunity
in South Africa
for 5-10 days of only BIG CATS photography.
Contact us to confirm which dates we have open.
About the Tour
$5,500 - $8,500 USD
Per person double occupancy depending on length of trip selected
Single Supplement Optional
$2,000 - $3,500 USD depending on trip length
Tour Guest Limit
6 spots available for each date
90 days from departure
This price DOES NOT include airfare.
Tour Pricing Info
M&M Guide Photographer
• 4-9 Nights Accommodation at our beautiful
and private location in South Africa.
• All meals and snacks.
• Tea, Coffee, Hot chocolate, Fruit Juice & Water.
• 8-18 Game-drives, limited to 6 photographers
• All photographic training.
• One field guide, photographic guide & tracker
Round trip airfare
Tips to safari drivers/guides
Meals outside of those specified in the itinerary
Passport and visa fees
Additional drinks and other personal expenses (alcoholic drinks, laundry, phone calls etc.)
We will stay at our exclusive lodge inside the private reserve thus affording ourselves the best access to the Big Cats. The accommodations are high end safari class with excellent comfort, food, and drink.
Three simple items cover this itinerary:
arrive at camp
photograph Big Cats every session
enjoy the setting, your images, & your travel partners
What To Take (These are only suggestions, they are NOT required!)
Our list of Recommended Gear for your Photo Tour
· 2 camera bodies—the same manufacturer that will fit all your lenses
· Camera battery charger and cords
· CompactFlash/SD Cards (bring as much memory as possible. At least 40 gigs)
· Card Reader for file transfer
· External hard drives for back up (we recommend a minimum of a 500GB drive)
· Black Rapid camera strap
· Extra batteries (lots!)—best packed in checked luggage even when traveling abroad
· Lenses (Depending on the tour) Medium telephoto, Fixed, Wide angle & Macro lens that give you a wide range
of length. 10mm to 500mm if possible
· 1.4x or 2x teleconverter for the telephoto—same brand as lens
· Tripod and head
· Flash—strobe with automatic TTL fill flash capabilities or Reflector
· Photo backpack
· Lens cloth and cleaning fluid
· Blower ball for dust
· Circular polarizing filter
· Grad ND filters
· Rain sleeve for camera and lens
· Cable or electronic shutter release
· Laptop computer (travel size such as a netbook)
· Current version of Photoshop or Lightroom
· International power adapter
· Multiple plug power strip & adaptor to gain electric outlets in your room for simultaneous downloading & recharging
· Sensor cleaning supplies
GUESTS SHOULD PACK LIGHT. YOU MAY BE EXPECTED TO CARRY, ROLL, SCHLEP, AND/OR OTHERWISE TRANSPORT YOUR OWN BAGS AT ALL TIMES AND IN ALL PLACES ON THIS TRIP. LAUNDRY SERVICES ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE. M&M RULE OF THUMB IS ONE BAG FOR CAMERA GEAR AND ONE 20-22"" ROLLER FOR YOUR CLOTHES AND TOILETRIES. INVEST IN A TRAVEL TRIPOD - BENRO ( HAS MANY OPTIONS AVAILABLE. MEDICAL DEVICES SUCH AS CPAP MACHINES ARE EXCLUDED FROM THIS RECOMMENDATION. PACKING LIGHT WILL MAKE YOUR TRIP MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE.
Tour Difficulty = Easy
Easy = less than 2 miles walking/day and little climbing; Moderate = up to 5 miles walking per day with some climbing; Strenuous = more than 5 miles/day of walking and several climbing/hills/rough terrain expected. You should know your health and ability to carry your gear in hot, cold, humid, and dry conditions and be able to walk 5 miles or more per day and make climbs in elevation of up to 1000 feet in gain and be OK climbing many steps or steep terrain.
Pursuant to Clause 2 under Enrollment: If you need to cancel within a stated refund period, M&M Photo Tours, Inc. may allow you to apply all monies paid to a future trip, within 12 months. We must receive written notification (E-mail is accepted) of your cancellation and your desire to apply the funds to a future trip.
We strongly recommend that you purchase trip cancellation insurance as this policy is strongly adhered to. The purchase of travel insurance covering baggage, accident/life and trip cancellation is highly recommended. M&M Photo Tours, Inc. reserves the right to cancel any trip/tour/group due to insufficient registration at any time. In the even of such cancellation, those with reservations shall be notified as soon as possible and a full refund of trip payment will be given. It is agreed by registering for any M&M Photo Tours, Inc. tour that M&M Photo Tours, Inc. assumes no responsibility for refund or additional expenses incurred in preparation for a trip.
Travel Insurance is suggested. Follow these links to buy travel insurance.
Click below for