Sponsored by The Vest Guy
Tour date: November 3-9, 2012
Tour Price: $4500
Registration Deadline: October 02, 2012
Single supplement $500
- Large numbers of Bald Eagles
- Pristine beauty of Alaska
- Other possible wild life opportunities
- All hotel accommodations
- Meals according to itinerary
- Ground transportation in private vehicle
- Any admissions fees
- Professional photographic instruction
What’s Not Included
- Early check-in, late check-out surcharge
- Additional drinks and other personal expenses (alcoholic drinks, laundry, phone calls etc.)
- Any services not specifically mentioned in the tour program
- Tips for guides or baggage handlers
- Flights to Alaska
We meet in the motel lobby in Haines, Alaska, for an orientation session followed by dinner at a local restaurant.
Days 2 to 7:
For these six days our energies are focused on photographing bald eagles in every phase of their winter behavior. Our cameras will be trained on them as they feed, roost on dramatic weathered snags, and patrol up and down the Chilkat River searching for expired salmon. With a big lens (500mm or bigger), it is possible to approach some of the birds for tight portrait photographs and also document some "fish disputes" as we walk amidst the river’s highest eagle concentration locations. Traveling from one area to another provides different eagle encounters and photogenic backgrounds each day.
Participants make arrangements with their commuter airline for pick-up and delivery to the airport today.