Tour date: September 11-20, 2017
Tour Price: $7,500
Single Supplement: $1200
Registration Deadline: September 1, 2017
Guest Pro: Jeff Cable - http://www.jeffcable.com/
- Ample time shooting numerous bears
- Amazing landscape everywhere we look
- Alaskan Salmon run
What’s Not Included
- All hotel accommodations
- Meals according to itinerary
- Ground transportation in private vehicle
- Any admissions fees
- Professional photographic instruction
- Early check-in, late check-out surcharge
- Additional drinks and other personal expenses (alcoholic drinks, laundry, phone calls etc.)
- Any services not specifically mentioned in the tour program
- Tips for guides or baggage handlers
- Flights to Alaska
Expect 7 full days of excitement and great photography. We will spend much of our time along river banks photographing the bears fishing. We will be in Alaska during the salmon run providing ample opportunities to see the bears fishing and eating their catch. We will also spend some time concentrating on the amazing landscapes around us.
This trip is: Moderate to Strenuous
Easy = less than 2 miles walking/day and little climbing; Moderate = up to 5 miles walking per day with some climbing; Strenuous = more than 5 miles/day of walking and several climbing/hills/rough terrain expected. You should know your health and ability to carry your gear in hot, cold, humid, and dry conditions and be able to walk 5 miles or more per day and make climbs in elevation of up to 1000 feet in gain and be OK climbing many steps or steep terrain.
GUESTS SHOULD PACK LIGHT. YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO CARRY, ROLL, SCHLEP, AND/OR OTHERWISE TRANSPORT YOUR OWN BAGS AT ALL TIMES AND IN ALL PLACES ON THIS TRIP. LAUNDRY SERVICES ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE. M&M RULE OF THUMB IS ONE BAG FOR CAMERA GEAR AND ONE 20-22"" ROLLER FOR YOUR CLOTHES AND TOILETRIES. INVEST IN A TRAVEL TRIPOD - BENRO (http://www.benrousa.com/products/travel-angel-ii/) HAS MANY OPTIONS AVAILABLE. MEDICAL DEVICES SUCH AS CPAP MACHINES ARE EXCLUDED FROM THIS RECOMMENDATION. PACKING LIGHT WILL MAKE YOUR TRIP MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE.