Sponsored by Blackrapid
Tour Date: April 18-27, 2014
Tour Price: $7900 ***INCLUDES RT AIRFARE from USA gateway city
Registration Deadline: February 18, 2014
Single supplement $900
- World’s largest fish market
- Hiroshima’s Atomic Dome
- Ancient Kyoto
- Majestic Mt. Fuji and area
- Ancient Kamakura & Nikko
- Vibrant Tokyo
- Shooting with Professional Photographers
- Mike Gulbraa’s Intimate knowledge of Japan and the culture.
- Mike has been traveling to Japan since 1983.
What’s Not Included
- International RT airfare from USA gateway city
- Internal airfare
- Tour program and services for official 14
- Local Experienced English-speaking guides
- All hotel stays
- Meals as mentioned in the program
- Land transfer by air-con vehicle, comfortable for guests in the group
- Admission fees
- Any Passport and Visa arrangements
- Early check-in, late check-out surcharge
- Additional drinks and other personal expenses (alcoholic drinks, laundry, phone calls etc.)
- Any services not specifically mentioned in the tour program
- Tips for guides or baggage handlers
- Airport Taxes
Tour Itinerary – subject to change
Arrive in Tokyo Narita. You will be transported from the airport to our hotel via express train. We’ll spend the night in Tokyo.
Spend the entire day and night in and around greater Tokyo area. We’ll head to Kamakura and work our way back to Tokyo. In Tokyo we’ll pick a neighborhood and go—temples, shrines, Imperial Palace, people, buildings—whatever you want to shoot Tokyo has it to offer. Just jump in and start snapping shots of whatever catches your eye here. We’ll spend the night in Tokyo.
Early AM off to Tsukiji Fish Market for a morning shoot of the world’s catch of seafood. Sample great breakfast at food booths. PM—Off to Nikko. Spend night in Nikko.
Nikko is the burial grounds for one of the former ruling clans/families of Japan and offers great shots of awesome naturescapes, shrines, temples and classical Japanese gardens. Stay night in Nikko.
AM off to Hiroshima. Hiroshima offers the Atomic Dome and surroundings that are thought provoking shots as well as a rebuilt city to show Japanese progress and industry after the destruction of the city. Spend night in Osaka.
First stop of the day is Himeji Castle. Himeji offers classic Japanese surroundings and history to shoot and enjoy. Other gems along the way. We have some flexibility today. Spend night in Osaka.
All day in Osaka. Osaka is the second largest city in Japan and offers a multitude of photographic adventures. Castles, shrines, people, wild street scenes—we’ll guide you to the hot spots. Spend night in Kyoto.
Kyoto is the ancient capital of Japan and holds key a religious seat of the ancient Imperial Court. The Golden Temple, Kiyomizu Temple, Zen Gardens, and many more attractions and their photographic charm await you with a side trip to Nara to shoot the world’s largest wooden building which holds a great Buddha. Catch train after sunset to Hakone area. Spend night in Hakone.
AM off to explore Mt. Fuji area. We’ll enjoy a relaxing day in and around Mt. Fuji – the most sacred mountain in Japan and one of the most photographed mountains in the world. Off to Tokyo after sunset. Spend night in Tokyo.
Spend morning in Tokyo for last AM shoot. PM flights – Head to Tokyo Narita Airport
to catch plane home.